HTML stands for hypertext markup language used to create the structure of web pages. Html provides a skeleton to the webpages. Without HTML, it’s not possible to create building blocks for webpages.
Why to learn HTML Language?
HTML is a popular language to create webpages, and it’s most common applications are:-
Webpage structure – It’s an easy task to create webpages with HTML tags, and these tags are rendered by the browser to display proper page structure.
Responsive UI – Developing a responsive layout with HTML is now an easy task.
Web Navigation – The anchor tag in HTML provides a linking block to navigate from one page to another.
Game development– Native support of HTML5 is now also helpful in game development.
Basic HTML Skelton
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Page Title</title> </head> <body> <h1>Hello World!</h1> </body> </html>
- The !DOCTYPE html declares that the document is an HTML5 document.
- The HTML is the start element of the HTML page.
- The head tag contains a meta-information of the document.
- The title defines the title of an HTML document.
- The body is a container of HTML visible elements.
- The h1 tag defines the heading of a page.